Trust the Process
Based on our vast investment experience we’ve fine tuned our property investment process to create an efficient, streamlined system for our clients. This allows us to secure property investments at the most competitive price and in the shortest time frame possible.
There are a number of key elements within our process. For some clients each and every step is equally important and for others some aspects carry more value than others.
For example negotiation may be most important for some and having purchased numerous properties over several years we’re primed to apply professional negotiation skills on your behalf. Value can often be found “on the way in” when investing in property and its imperative to negotiate effectively.
Our intimate local knowledge may be the most crucial thing for you. We apply our expertise to hand pick you high performing investments in key locations across the city. Equally importantly we’ll ensure you avoid investments in less desirable locations which could prove costly or problematic.
Accurate financial projections should be vital to all investors, and we can’t stress enough how crucial it is to run the numbers ahead of any potential investment. We provide accurate detail on your expected purchase price and all associated costs as well as what you can expect to receive by way of rent return and projected capital growth.
Whatever’s most important to you when investing the good news for our clients is that our two core products (Our Investor VIP and Investor Plus Services) contain each of the above elements in addition to several other key items.
We’ve provided some further detail on the most important elements here and a full breakdown of the services we offer can be found here.
Our Step by Step Investment Process:
- Initial Consultation: We help you clarify your property investment plans and establish a clear plan for what you’re looking to achieve. We also agree on a set budget before explaining all associated costs as well as the returns you can expect before then proceeding to the next steps.
- Professional Services Introductions: Before making any investment it’s important to ensure you’ve engaged with relevant professional services such as mortgage brokers, accountants, solicitors and letting agents. We have partnerships in all these areas and will connect you to the right people.
- Property Identification: Based on your own unique budget and criteria we identify all suitable investment opportunities in the marketplace (via on and off-market channels) before present them to you with all associated data.
- Financial Projections: We provide a detailed financial projection of any property we propose, included anticipated purchase price, achievable market rent, and corresponding yield values. We’ll also include detail on the prospective tenant market for your investment as well as expected growth at the property.
- Property Assessment: A member of our Investment Team will attend the property in person to provide you with a detailed assessment and to highlight any issues of note. We’ll also fully assess the Home Report (a system unique to Scotland) at this stage.
- Professional Negotiation: At this key stage we open negotiations on your behalf with the selling agent. This is vital part of the process and plays a crucial part in ensuring you secure your property at the most competitive price possible.
- Connect to Conveyancing: Once successfully negotiated we then pass the matter over to your solicitor who will formalise the purchase of the property by conducting the conveyancing process. They’ll work with you to agree a “date of entry” on which the keys for your new property will be handed to you (or your letting agent).
To discuss our property investment process in more detail complete the form and a member of our Investment Team will be in touch.